11sep6:45 pm9:15 pmPhoto Walk | Lantern Festival | 11 Sept 20192.5Hr Photography Tour at Gardens by the Bay6:45 pm - 9:15 pm SST Gardens by the Bay, 18 Marina Gardens Drive Singapore 018953 Event Type:Photo Walks in SingaporeLevel:Intermediate
Enjoy a magical evening of photography as we capture the beautiful landscapes and iconic architecture of Gardens by the Bay lit by hundreds of colourful lanterns
Enjoy a magical evening of photography as we capture the beautiful landscapes and iconic architecture of Gardens by the Bay lit by hundreds of colourful lanterns and displays.
- Individual Feedback on the photos taken during the walk (via online forum)
- Complimentary Membership to the Karen Lucas Photography Club, an exclusive forum where you can ask questions, find inspiration, get feedback on your photos, and access members-only events and offers.
We’ve already done a recce shoot and mapped out a walk route to ensure you see and photograph the most impressive and beautiful lantern displays.
We’ve got some great ideas for incorporating the iconic architecture of the gardens in the scenes and we’ve timed the walk for the magical blue hour so you’re sure to come away with fabulous photos.
Every time we stop at a scene, Karen will share her recommendations for camera settings, lens choice and creative framing options. She’ll often demonstrate how to best capture the scene to get you started and then she’ll come around whenever time permits to check on your progress, see if you need help, and give you 1-to-1 feedback on your photos.
The Mid-Autumn or Lantern Festival is a wonderful time to visit and photograph the gardens and this year the displays are particularly impressive. You’ll be photographing in 4 different areas of the gardens to capture these scenes:
- Waters of Prosperity: a display portraying a fishing village teeming with 70 carp-shaped lanterns (the largest lantern display created by the Gardens to date)
- Grains of Gold: a paddy field illuminated with 4,000 glowing rice stalks
- Splendour of Blooms: 250 waterlily-shaped lanterns floating on the lake
- Flight of the Dragonflies: over 100 dragonfly-shaped lanterns adorning the Supertrees
“A big thank you, Karen, for running the workshop at Gardens by the Bay last week. I had a great time – it was a very relaxed and informative evening and I’ll definitely be signing up for more Walks soon.”
“Karen Lucas Photography is absolutely and without-a-doubt the BEST place to learn photography! I love Karen’s professionalism, her very hands-on learning style, and the fun and relaxed atmosphere. I can now create the photos I’ve always wanted. Thank you Karen.”
BOOK ONLINE NOW
Enjoy a magical evening of photography at the Lantern Festival, Gardens by the Bay.
Bring a friend OR buy more than one Workshop or Walk and you’ll automatically get 10% OFF at checkout.
wed, 11 sep 6:45pm - wed, 11 sep 9:15pm SST
INTERMEDIATE: Suitable for anyone already familiar with the basic camera settings who regularly shoots in Av/A Mode
Digital Camera + Tripod + Your Widest Angle Lens + Headlamp or Torch
Maximum 8 participants
Bad Weather Contingency
If rain is forecast, you’ll receive a text and e-mail at least 1.5 hours before the event to cancel it. We’ll refund you in full or you can exchange the Walk for another event if you prefer.