14oct9:00 am12:00 amMacro Photography Workshop | 14 Oct 20193 Hr Photography Class in the Flower Dome9:00 am - 12:00 am SST Flower Dome, Gardens by the Bay, 18 Marina Gardens Drive, Singapore, 018953 Event Type:Macro Photography,Photography WorkshopLevel:Intermediate
Learn how to capture stunning close-up photos of the Flower Dome’s beautiful flowers and plants, and create your own unique and beautiful Floral Art for your
Learn how to capture stunning close-up photos of the Flower Dome’s beautiful flowers and plants, and create your own unique and beautiful Floral Art for your home.
- Individual Feedback on your workshop photos (via online forum)
- A comprehensive Workshop Manual describing all the techniques covered during the workshop.
- Complimentary Membership to the Karen Lucas Photography Club, an exclusive forum where you can ask questions, find inspiration, get feedback on your photos, and access members-only events and offers.
- Close-up Photography Composition Techniques
- How the Macro Lens works differently to other Lenses
- Close-up Focusing Techniques
- Choosing the optimal conditions and location for Macro Photography
- Shooting angles that will add the Wow! factor to your shots
- Finding the best Light for sharp vs delicate shapes & textures
- Controlling Depth and Bokeh
- Enhancing the natural beauty of flowers by Modifying Ambient Light
- Choosing background shapes & colours that look great behind the subject
- Transforming your flower shots into Fine Art Photography
You’ll be photographing a variety of beautiful flowers and succulents plants, capturing an interesting variety of colours, textures, shapes and backgrounds.
The flower displays in the dome are changed regularly so you’ll have an opportunity to experience and photograph something different every time you go.
“Loved the Macro Photography Workshop! It’s one of the best! The pace was just right and I really appreciate the hands-on practice and one-to-one feedback. Thanks Karen!”
“EXCELLENT Workshop! I find it very useful learning the concepts first and then putting them into practice. Karen has endless patience and it was lovely to learn with such a nice group of women.”
Bring a friend OR buy more than one Workshop or Walk and you’ll automatically get 10% OFF at checkout.
mon, 14 oct 9:00am - mon, 14 oct 12:00am SST
INTERMEDIATE: This event is suitable for those who’ve already completed a Beginners Photography Course or Similar. Participants should be familiar with the use of the Aperture Priority Mode and are able to change basic camera settings like Exposure, White Balance, ISO, and Picture Styles/Controls.
DSLR Camera + Macro Lens + Tripod
Maximum 8 participants
Bad Weather Contingency
This experience is not affected by the weather, we’ll go ahead rain or shine!