07oct(oct 7)9:00 am09(oct 9)9:30 pmEvent OverIntermediate Photography Workshop | Starts 7 Oct 20193 x 3Hr Classes (Monday to Wednesday)9:00 am - 9:30 pm (9) SST Goodman Arts Centre, 90 Goodman Rd, Singapore, 439053Event Type:Intermediate Digital Photography,Photography WorkshopLevel:Intermediate
Do you dabble with you camera's buttons and shoot modes, but find your results are hit and miss? Come and join our intensive 3-Lesson Intermediate Digital Photography
Do you dabble with you camera’s buttons and shoot modes, but find your results are hit and miss?
Come and join our intensive 3-Lesson Intermediate Digital Photography Workshop and learn the secrets to always capturing that perfect moment, whether it’s your toddler taking her first steps, the new year fireworks, or 3 monks zooming by on a scooter.
The course will be even more hands-on than the Beginners level with lots of practical exercises outdoors and a fun evening of night photography at Clarke Quay.
Get ready to love your camera and take your photography to a whole new level!
- Master your Digital Camera as you learn how to use Aperture vs Shutter Speed Priority Modes
- Create beautiful portraits in daylight and at night, and learn simple tricks to make people comfortable in front of the lens and elicit natural smiles and laughter
- The secrets to using flash beautifully
- Elevate your action photography to new heights using creative shutter speed techniques
- Capture stunning urban landscapes and light shows at night
This workshop runs over 1 week
Mon – Wed
Lesson 1: 7 October 9:00am-12:00pm
Lesson 2: 8 October 9:00am-12:00pm
Lesson 3: 9 October 6:30pm-9:30pm
- Individual Feedback on your assignment photos
- A comprehensive Workshop Manual describing all the techniques covered during the workshop.
- Complimentary Membership to the Karen Lucas Photography Club, an exclusive forum where you can ask questions, find inspiration, get feedback on your photos, and access members-only events and offers.
Workshop 1: Photographing People
- Camera settings for photographing people
- How to find the most flattering natural light and beautiful backgrounds
- When to use flash and how to make it look natural
- Tricks to make people comfortable in front of the camera and get them laughing naturally
- Simple tips to take a great family photo
- Using depth and creative framing to add an artistic flair
Workshop 2: Action Photography
- Techniques for freezing different types of movement
- Techniques for creatively blurring movement
- Focusing on moving subjects
- Tips for capturing the perfect moment
- Choosing the best shoot spot for more creative shots
- Choosing the best Light and Backgrounds for Action
- Shooting & Editing in RAW vs JPEG
Workshop 3: Night Photography
- On-Location Class at Clarke Quay
- Camera settings for Street Photography at dusk
- Techniques for capturing Urban Landscapes at sunset
- Introducing colour to make your Night scenes ‘Pop!’
- Using Fill Flash to capture beautiful portraits at night
- Best practices for shooting on a Tripod
- Exposure correction for lighting and tonal variations
- Fun, creative techniques to try at night
You’ll be photographing a range of still subjects including people (still portraits), all sort of objects from candles and statues to market stalls (still life), Little India’s street scenes and murals, and some of the wonderfully-colorful architecture.
The first 3 workshops take place in the classroom where you’ll apply the techniques you learn during both indoor and outdoor photo shoots.
The last workshop takes place entirely on location. You’ll photograph in a Hindu temple, and a market, and we’ll venture off the beaten track to discover some hidden gems in the back streets of Little India.
“Karen is an excellent and fun teacher who transfers her enthusiasm and love of photography to her students. A great, fun and informative class. Thank you!”
“Karen is extremely technical and knowledgeable. Very easy to approach. Love that she will allow us to ask anything from lighting, camera, lenses to even where to buy and fix cheaper cameras and equipment.”
BOOK ONLINE NOW
Don't ever miss capturing those precious moments again! Learn how to take great photos of people, movement and night scenes as you master your camera's Aperture Priority and Shutter Speed Priority Modes
Tickets are not available for sale any more for this event!
15% OFF EARLY BIRD Bookings | *10% OFF when you buy 2 or more Workshops/Walks (*Not applicable on events with EARLY BIRD discount)
mon, 7 oct 9:00am - wed, 9 oct 9:30pm SST
INTERMEDIATE: Suitable for those who’ve completed our Beginners Digital Photography Workshop (or similar) and are familiar with changing basic camera settings like White Balance, Exposure Compensation and ISO.
Any Digital Camera with the Aperture Priority & Shutter Speed Priority shoot modes (all brands welcome)
Maximum 8 participants
Bad Weather Contingency
This experience is not affected by the weather, we’ll go ahead rain or shine!