10sep9:00 am12:00 pmBlack & White Photography Workshop | 10 Sept 20193 Hr Class at Goodman Arts Centre9:00 am - 12:00 pm SST Goodman Arts Centre, 90 Goodman Rd, Singapore, 439053Event Type:Black & White,Photography WorkshopLevel:Advanced,Beginners,Intermediate,Suitable for All
Learn how to create compelling black and white photos step-by-step with Karen Lucas. We'll start at the beginning - what makes a stunning black and white photo?
Learn how to create compelling black and white photos step-by-step with Karen Lucas.
We’ll start at the beginning – what makes a stunning black and white photo? You’ll learn how to choose subjects and scenes that will look great in black and white, which camera settings, lighting and weather conditions contribute to the overall aesthetic, and how we edit the photo in the digital darkroom to produce a high quality, powerful image you can be proud to hang on your wall.
- Individual Feedback on your series of Black & White Photos (via online forum)
- A comprehensive Workshop Manual describing all the techniques covered during the workshop.
- Complimentary Membership to the Karen Lucas Photography Club, an exclusive forum where you can ask questions, find inspiration, get feedback on your photos, and access members-only events and offers.
- What makes a great black & white photograph?
- Conveying mood in black and white photography
- How to ‘see’ and capture black and white in a world of colour
- Scenes that will photography well in black and white without any need for processing afterwards
- Working with light and shadow to add a high contrast look to your photos
- Weather conditions and how to capture them to add the Wow! factor to your photos
- The importance of line, shape and two-dimensionality
- Post-production techniques (Lightroom & Photoshop) for creating stunning black and white landscape and travel images
- Post-production techniques (Lightroom & Photoshop) for creating stunning black and white portraits
This workshop comprises both class-room time and a practical photo shoot where you’ll apply the techniques you’ve learned about. After the workshop you’re encourage to go home and edit your photos, following the techniques covered during the workshop, and to submit them for feedback on our private photography forum.
Black and white photography is lots of fun and you can create amazing photos very easily once you master the basic techniques. We’ll create 3 different types of black and white image during the workshop:
- Black and white portrait
- Black and white architecture
- Black and white street photography
“Karen’s friendly, relaxed teaching style makes learning fun and easy. Time seems to fly by when you take her class. She’s a wealth of information, with many tips and tricks to improve your photography.”
“Another excellent photography workshop from Karen Lucas – great background information, practical camera functions and the opportunity to practice. Lots of fun!”
Bring a friend OR buy more than one Workshop or Walk and you’ll automatically get 10% OFF at checkout.
tue, 10 sep 9:00am - tue, 10 sep 12:00pm SST
ALL LEVELS: This workshop is suitable for anyone who wants to learn how to take great black & white photos and how to convert existing colour photos to beautiful black & whites
Any Digital Camera
Maximum 8 participants
Bad Weather Contingency
This experience is not affected by the weather, we’ll go ahead rain or shine!