08may(may 8)9:00 am29(may 29)12:00 pmEvent OverBeginners Photography Workshop | Starts 8 May 20194 x 3Hr Classes on Wednesdays9:00 am - 12:00 pm (29) SST Goodman Arts Centre, 90 Goodman Rd, Singapore, 439053Event Type:Beginners Digital PhotographyLevel:Beginners
Want to move off Auto, but not sure where to start? Come and join our inspiring 4-Lesson Beginners Digital Photography Workshop and finally take control of your
Want to move off Auto, but not sure where to start?
Come and join our inspiring 4-Lesson Beginners Digital Photography Workshop and finally take control of your camera and learn how to be a more creative photographer.
The course will be hands-on, interactive and most importantly FUN. Prepare to enjoy photography like never before!
We’ll cover all the basics including creative composition techniques, how to harness the available light, controlling the camera so you know which button to press and when, how to rescue and enhance your photos afterwards, what makes a good versus bad photo, and so much more.
This workshop runs over 4 weeks
Lesson 1: 8 May 9:00am-12:00pm
Lesson 2: 15 May 9:00am-12:00pm
Lesson 3: 22 May 9:00am-12:00pm
Lesson 4: 29 May 9:00am-12:00pm
- Individual Feedback on your assignment photos
- A comprehensive Workshop Manual describing all the techniques covered during the workshop.
- Complimentary Membership to the Karen Lucas Photography Club, an exclusive forum where you can ask questions, find inspiration, get feedback on your photos, and access members-only events and offers.
- File Size & Image Quality
- Memory Cards & Formatting
- Menu & Camera Navigation
- Fine-tuning the viewfinder for your eyesight
- Choose the right Exposure Mode
- Intro to ISO & the Exposure Triangle
- Let’s move off Auto to Program mode
- How to avoid camera shake blur
- How to get pin-sharp focus
- Rule of Thirds Composition Technique
- Practical Exercises to get you started
- 10 ways to add the Wow! factor to your photos
- Exposure compensation
- Silhouettes & High Key Photos
- Balancing exposure & image quality
- Lens perspective & angle of View
- Choosing the right lens for the shot
- Lens Cleaning Technique
- Filters vs Hoods
- How to avoid distracting backgrounds
- Using light to create drama & mood
- Easy-to-use Tools to rescue your photos
- Depth of Field
- Aperture Priority Mode
- Reciprocity of Aperture & Speed
- White Balance
- 6 Creative Composition techniques
- Choosing the right Light to flatter your subject
- The Magical Blue Hour
- Step by step: Editing and organising your photos
- Backup your photos
- Picture Styles/Controls
- Light Metering
- Manual Focus
- Time to Practice using all those buttons you’ve learned about
- Pin-sharp focus
- Blur the background & foreground
- Enhance colour
- Fix brightness problems
- Program vs Aperture Priority mode
- Avoid camera-shake blur
- Creative composition techniques
- Post-Shoot Ritual
- Summary of Lessons Learned
You’ll be photographing a range of still subjects including people (still portraits), all sort of objects from candles and statues to market stalls (still life), Little India’s street scenes and murals, and some of the wonderfully-colorful architecture.
The first 3 workshops take place in the classroom where you’ll apply the techniques you learn during both indoor and outdoor photo shoots.
The last workshop takes place entirely on location. You’ll photograph in a Hindu temple, and a market, and we’ll venture off the beaten track to discover some hidden gems in the back streets of Little India.
Karen Lucas has ignited in me a new passion for photography and unraveled all the mysteries of camera buttons! I’ll highly recommend her to all my Singapore friends and overseas visitors. A great way to learn skills and see more of our photogenic city. Loved the Beginners Course!
Karen was a wonderful teacher for a Beginner’s Photography class. You can tell how much she loves her work and truly cares about her students’ abilities in photography. I highly recommend her class and also as a professional photographer. Karen’s creativity and vision is very apparent in her photos.
BOOK ONLINE NOW
Say "Goodbye!" to Auto and open up a whole new world of creativity
Tickets are not available for sale any more for this event!
wed, 8 may 9:00am - wed, 29 may 12:00pm SST
BEGINNER: Suitable for anyone that wants to unravel the mysteries of their camera and create photos they’re proud of. No experience necessary.
Any Digital Camera with the Aperture Priority & Program shoot modes (all brands welcome)
Maximum 8 participants
Bad Weather Contingency
This experience is not affected by the weather, we’ll go ahead rain or shine!