13nov8:30 am11:30 amEvent OverWILDLIFE PHOTOGRAPHY WORKSHOP | 13 Nov 20183 Hr Photography Class at the Singapore Zoo8:30 am - 11:30 am SST Singapore Zoo, 80 Mandai Lake Rd, Singapore, 729826Event Type:Wildlife,Photography WorkshopLevel:Intermediate
Individual Feedback on
Improve your wildlife photography on a fun photo safari at the Singapore Zoo.
- Individual Feedback on your workshop photos (via online forum)
- A comprehensive Workshop Manual describing all the techniques covered during the workshop.
- Complimentary Membership to the Karen Lucas Photography Club, an exclusive forum where you can ask questions, find inspiration, get feedback on your photos, and access members-only events and offers.
- Wildlife photography composition techniques
- Capturing and observing animal behavior
- Choosing the best lighting for different animals
- Introducing texture, contrast and form creatively
- Camera settings to ensure you capture THAT moment!
- Techniques for hiding unattractive backgrounds
- Avoiding blur when animals retreat to dark spaces
- Techniques for shooting through glass and metal enclosures
- How to make your zoo photos look like they weren’t taken at the zoo!
- Overcoming the shortcomings of long Telephoto lenses
Having grown up in Africa, Karen is a passionate animal-lover and wildlife photographer with a wealth of experience photographing animals in their natural habitat. Expect lots of practical tips and examples of how to cope with the different scenarios you’re likely to come across in the wild.
The Singapore Zoo is a brilliant location to observe and capture an impressive variety of wildlife, the perfect training ground for your next safari adventure.
We’ll study animal behaviour and learn how to work with light and shadow, incorporating texture and contrast to create a series of stunning wildlife photos. We’ll also be on the lookout for a bit of wild action and we’ll get the camera set up so we’re ready to capture those split-second moments!
Your instructor will guide you through using the right technical settings for each animal and scene and will review your photos and give tips on composition and creativity.
“Thanks a million, Karen, for the GREAT morning and the wonderful way you always make me feel very comfortable in the classes. You are a fantastic instructor! I am extremely happy with my photos … the light was fantastic!”
BOOK ONLINE NOW
Learn how to capture wildlife action, expression and beauty at the Singapore Zoo.
Tickets are not available for sale any more for this event!
Bring a friend OR buy more than one Workshop or Walk and you’ll automatically get 10% OFF at checkout.
tue, 13 nov 8:30am - tue, 13 nov 11:30am SST
INTERMEDIATE: Suitable for those who’ve already completed a Beginners Photography Course or Similar. Participants should be familiar with the use of Av/A & Tv/S Modes and able to change basic camera settings (Exposure, White Balance, ISO, and Picture Styles/Controls)
DSLR Camera + Telephoto Lens (at least 200mm)
Maximum 8 participants
Bad Weather Contingency
If rain is forecast, you’ll receive a text and e-mail at least 1.5 hours before the event to cancel it. We’ll refund you in full or you can exchange the Workshop for another event if you prefer.