Complete Digital Photography Course
Love photography but underwhelmed by your photos? Got a great camera but confused by all those buttons?
We’ve got just the program for you to grow your photography skills step-by-step while exploring Singapore.
Upcoming Complete Digital Photography Courses in Singapore
Advanced Digital Photography
Beginners Digital Photography
Black & White
Complete Photography Course
Intermediate Digital Photography
Make A Difference (M.A.D.) Photo Shoot
Mobile Phone Photography
Photo Walks in Singapore
Photography Tours in Asia
Suitable for All
04aug(aug 4)9:00 am11sep(sep 11)12:00 pmSold Out!Complete Photography Course | Starts 4 August 20208 x 3Hr Classes(august 4) 9:00 am - (september 11) 12:00 pm SST Goodman Arts Centre, 90 Goodman Rd, Singapore, 439053Event Type:Beginners Digital Photography,Complete Photography CourseLevel:Beginners
Do you love taking photos but find they lack that Wow! factor? Do you have a great camera but struggle to make the most of its many
Do you love taking photos but find they lack that Wow! factor?
Do you have a great camera but struggle to make the most of its many features?
We’ve got just the Program for you!
The Complete Photography Course covers the essential camera and creative skills every photographer should know, including creative composition techniques, making the most of the available light, controlling the camera, choosing the right lenses, shooting on a tripod, mastering flash, and adapting your shooting techniques for a wide range of subjects including still life, street scenes, movement, people, landscapes, night scenes, etc.
By the end of this course you’ll be able to:
- Take amazing photos whenever you whip out your camera
- Confidently and quickly use all those sophisticated buttons and camera functions
- Artfully employ light and shadow to show off your subject at its best
- Capture pin-sharp, perfectly-exposed moments every time
- Wow your friends and family with your stunning compositions and creative style
The Complete Photography Course comprises 3 Modules (8 Classes)
MODULE 1: BEGINNERS PHOTOGRAPHY WORKSHOP
Lesson 1: 4 Aug 9:00am-12:00pm
Lesson 2: 7 Aug 9:00am-12:00pm
Lesson 3: 11 Aug 9:00am-12:00pm
Lesson 4: 14 Aug 9:00am-12:00pm
MODULE 2: INTERMEDIATE PHOTOGRAPHY WORKSHOP
Lesson 1: 31 Aug 9:00am-12:00pm
Lesson 2: 3 Sept 9:00am-12:00pm
Lesson 3: 10 Sept 6:30pm-9:30pm
MODULE 3: ADVANCED PHOTOGRAPHY WORKSHOP
One Lesson: 11 September 9:00am-12:00pm
- Individual Feedback on your assignment photos
- A comprehensive Workshop Manual describing all the photography techniques covered during the classes.
- Complimentary Membership to the Karen Lucas Photography Club, an exclusive forum where you can ask questions, find inspiration, get feedback on your photos, and access members-only events and offers.
Workshop 1: Get to know your camera
- File Size & Image Quality
- Memory Cards & Formatting
- Menu & Camera Navigation
- Fine-tuning the viewfinder for your eyesight
- Choose the right Exposure Mode
- Intro to ISO & the Exposure Triangle
- Let’s move off Auto to Program mode
- How to avoid camera shake blur
- How to get pin-sharp focus
- Rule of Thirds Composition Technique
- Practical Exercises to get you started
Workshop 3: Control the aesthetic of your photos
- How to control Depth of Field
- Using Aperture Priority Mode
- Reciprocal relationship of Aperture & Speed
- Using White Balance to improve colour
- 6 Creative Composition techniques
- Choosing the best Light to flatter your subject
- Photography during the Magical Blue Hour
- Step by step: Editing and organising your photos
- Options for keeping your photos safe
Workshop 5: Photographing People
- Camera settings for photographing people
- How to find the most flattering natural light
- Choosing beautiful backgrounds
- When to use flash and how to make it look natural
- Tricks to make people comfortable in front of the camera and get them laughing naturally
- Simple tips to take a great family photos
- Using depth and creative framing to add an artistic flair
Workshop 7: Night Photography
Hands-on Photo Shoot at Clarke Quay
- Camera settings for Street Photography at dusk
- Techniques for capturing Urban Landscapes at sunset
- Introducing colour to make your Night scenes ‘Pop!’
- Using Fill Flash to capture beautiful portraits at night
- Best practices for shooting on a Tripod
- Exposure correction for lighting and tonal variations
- Fun, creative techniques to try at night
Workshop 2: Develop your unique creative style
- 10 ways to add the Wow! factor to your photos
- Exposure compensation
- Silhouettes & High Key Photos
- Balancing exposure & image quality
- Lens perspective & angle of View
- Choosing the right lens for the shot
- Lens Cleaning Technique
- Filters vs Hoods
- How to avoid distracting backgrounds
- Using light to create drama & mood
- Easy-to-use Tools to rescue your photos
Workshop 4: Hands-on Photo Shoot in Little India
- Picture Styles/Controls
- Light Metering
- Manual Focus
- Time to Practice using all those buttons you’ve learned about
- Get pin-sharp focus and blur the background
- Make your photos Pop by improving colour & contrast
- Fix a photo that’s too dark
- Choose the best Shoot Mode for the current scene
- Avoid blurred photos when shooting indoors
Workshop 6: Action Photography
- Techniques for freezing different types of movement
- Techniques for creatively blurring movement
- Focusing on moving subjects
- Tips for capturing the perfect moment
- Choosing the best shoot spot for more creative shots
- Choosing the best Light and Backgrounds for Action
- Shooting & Editing in RAW vs JPEG
Workshop 8: Mastering Manual Mode & Shooting FAST
Hands-on Photo Shoot in Arab Quarter
- Cool camera customisations to save you time!
- Mastering the Exposure Triangle
- The secrets to taking consistent exposures
- Why it’s faster and better to take portrait & action photos in M
- Managing depth, speed and image quality
- Optimal settings for Still Life and Landscape scenes
- Optimal settings for Individual and Group Portraits
- Optimal settings for Action shots
- Quick ways to set the right focus method for the scene
- How to overcome common exposure problems
- Creative Free-styling!
The Complete Photography Course comprises 6 workshops in the classroom and 3 on-location Photo Shoots in Little India, Clarke Quay and the Arab Quarter.
There are also themed assignments for you to complete at home.
Each class comprises classroom time where you’ll learn about the techniques, and practical hands-on exercises, in the classroom and outdoors, where you’ll apply the techniques and get one-to-one help as you need it.
You’ll be photographing a wide range of subjects including people, street scenes, street art, traffic, your family/pets/friends, architecture, the Marina Bay Laser Show, and so much more.
Some of the places where we usually photograph
- Hindu temple
- Tekka Market
- Serangoon Road
- Elgin Bridge
- Haji Lane
- Arab Street
- Singapore River
“I absolutely loved the Complete Photography Course. I always liked photography but didn’t know much about it. I’ve learned so many great camera techniques, and Karen’s experience and motivation have really inspired me to do more learning and discover more of my creativity! Karen is brilliant, an excellent teacher, and I’m so happy I completed the courses.”
“I absolutely loved the course! I’ve had a nice camera for a long time, but only ever used it on Auto. The Complete Photography Course opened up a whole new world for me. Thanks so much to Karen for her expertise and patience.”
Congratulations! You’ve saved 10% OFF the Complete Photography Course
tue, 4 aug 9:00am - fri, 11 sep 12:00pm SST
BEGINNER to ADVANCED: Suitable for anyone who wants to master their camera and take beautiful photos of just about anything. No experience necessary.
Any Digital Camera with the Aperture Priority, Program, Shutter Speed Priority & Manual shoot modes (all brands welcome)
Maximum 4 participants
Bad Weather Contingency
This experience is not affected by the weather, we’ll go ahead rain or shine!
8 x 3Hr Workshops in the classroom and outdoors in Little India, the Arab Quarter and Clarke Quay.
No experience necessary. Suitable for anyone who wants to master their camera and become a more creative photographer.
Any Digital Camera with the P, M, A/Av and S/Tv Shoot Modes. All brands welcome.