Hi there and a very WARM WELCOME!
I’m Karen Lucas – a Mum, Entrepreneur, Photographer, Coach and Digital Artist.
I’m also an insatiable explorer and for the past 12 years I’ve journeyed far and wide both in Singapore and across Asia, capturing this wonderfully-exotic region with its fascinating mix of cultures, religions, people and architecture.
I’ve built up a beautiful collection of photographs over the years and it’s a privilege to share some of my favourite works here.
Simplicity, perfection and impact are the foundations of my work. I love clean lines, vibrant colours and striking contrasts. And I’m obsessed with details – everything has to be just right!
I’m always looking for interesting ways to capture scenes that for many are just an everyday part of life. And I love the process of transforming the everyday into artwork that will eventually hang in someone’s home.
Awards & Achievements
- 2007 Exhibited – The Affordable Photo Fair
- 2012 Winner – Temple Safari Photo Competition – Asian Geographic
- 2012 Featured – The Best of Singapore – Singapore Tatler
- 2012 Exhibited – Asian Geographic One Asia festival
- 2015 Recommended – Expat Living Reader Awards
- 2015 Featured – Singapore’s Best Family Photographers – Little Steps
My photos have featured in leading publications like the Straits Times, Asian Geographic, Expat Living, Russian Guide to Singapore, SilverKris, Impulse and Tattler.